Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills (EKAS):
This describes the essential skills and knowledge and their level, required for this unit.
Evidence shall show that knowledge has been acquired of performing rescue from LV panel procedures.
All knowledge and skills detailed in this unit should be contextualised to current industry practices and technologies.
KS01-TRF06B Rescue from a live LV panel
Evidence shall show an understanding of rescue from a live LV panel to an extent indicated by the following aspects:
- T1 Emergency procedures for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel encompassing:
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Isolation procedures where appropriate
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Involvement of external emergency services
- T2 Emergency procedures for the skills required for the rescue of a victim from a live LV panel encompassing:
- Placement of rescue equipment
- Controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety