This course teaches people how to be assertive in a way that is very unlikely to be confused for aggressiveness, where they can tell the truth about exactly what they are thinking, and precisely how they are feeling with running the risk of ruffling the other person’s feathers because of the way they word it.
The combination of the “Making Sense of People” (Profiling Skills) and “Making Sense of Supervisor Skills” (Essential Supervisor skills), makes for a very powerful set of communication skills.
For such a simple but effective system, a person’s confidence can only but grow as you learn how to:-
- Gain people’s co-operation and win their confidence when they are resisting or objecting -(influencing and persuasion skills),
- Calm people down when they are aggressive or complaining – (Supervisor and Customer Liaison Skills),
- Motivate, Persuade, Sell or Negotiate strongly but in a win-win atmosphere without becoming entrenched in fruitless argument or appearing arrogant – (Motivation and Negotiation Skills)
- Resolve Conflict and Disagreement in an atmosphere of mutual respect and understanding – (Conflict Resolution Skills)
- Confront Difficult issues without being aggressive or over-familiar – (Negotiation skills),
- Standing up for yourself, for what you think or want without getting a reputation for being arrogant or difficult – (Assertiveness Skills)
- Disagree without getting into conflict,
- SAY “NO” without causing resentment, or jeopadising reputation or career – (Assertiveness Skills),
- Be firm but fair – “tough on the issue but soft on the person” – (Feedback Skills)
- “Give really bad news” without appearing arrogant or heartless,
- Give genuine praise without being over-familiar or making people feel patronised – (Feedback Skills)
- Criticise without making people feel attacked, (Feedback Skills)
- Receive criticism without appearing defensive or arrogant – (Understanding yourself plus managing upwards more successfully Skills),
- Handle resistance and negativity in a meeting with confidence and grace – (Managing Meetings & Change Skills).