Participants are required to:
- Have six (6) months of job experience within the electrical industry.
- Be 14 years old or older.
- If under 18 year old, have a valid consent form from a parent or legal guardian.
HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a pre-requisite for UETTDRRF06B Provide rescue from a live LV panel. Student attending CPR and LVR must be marked as competent in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation before proceeding with UETTDRRF06B perform rescue from live LV panel.
Students who would like to attend only UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV Panel will be required to provide a current copy of Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Physical Ability Requirements
- There are physical standards which relate to the level of performance required when undertaking accredited training. The HLTAID competency standards require a level of physical ability to provide first aid and respond to an emergency situation where there may be risk to life.
- One requirement of the training package is that you are to be assessed as physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- There can be no exceptions to these Australian Government requirements that are clearly written into the Training Package.
- Therefore, students who are unable to satisfy the physical requirements of the course cannot be deemed competent or issued with a statement of attainment, even if the qualification is a necessary part of their employment conditions.
- Additionally, Low Voltage Rescue, involves manual handling of a person working at, on or near a Live LV Panel, participants will be required to participate in role play scenarios, practical assessments that may involve relocating a victim (E.g. full sized manikins 30kg – 50kg) at least 6 – 12 metres (one man drag).
- Please contact Alibi Training Australia prior to training to discuss any concerns on 0423 597 744.
Upon enrollment, Alibi Training Australia will provide all students an opportunity to provide information on their language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete this course. There is also the opportunity to provide details and communicate any special needs or support requirements you may have. Students who require support to meet their learning goals will be provided with contact details of providers as required.