The New Supervisor – Puzzle Revealed
“Stepping up with confidence”
Gain the missing piece of the puzzle essential new supervisors need to survive. This dynamic course works on the established premise that leadership is about getting things done through people.
By participating in interactive group discussions, scenarios and case studies you will gain knowledge and practical skills to achieve positive results through your people and learn to analyse and modify your approach to leading and managing a diverse group or team.
The transition from team member to team leader can be tough. Supervisors are key members of the management team and have the closest contact with the people who actually produce the work. It is therefore important that supervisors receive adequate support and training. Failure to ensure that they have the proper skills and knowledge to carry out their pivotal role can have a negative effect on the motivation and productivity of those whom they supervise.
This workshop will enable you to become effective quickly and enables you to understand how your role fits into the organisation and the importance of communicating with, leading and motivating your team and managing discipline and grievances
Is it right for me?
Definitely suitable for supervisors, team and section leaders who are new to their role or who have had no previous training in the basics of people management.
Supervisors with more experience may prefer ‘Team Management and Leadership Skills for Supervisors and Team Leaders’.
- Communication skills including listening skills and questioning techniques
- Decision making / change
- Managing work and delegating
- Time management
How You Will Benefit?
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Develop the key people management skills to ensure success in your supervisory role.
- Enhance the effectiveness/performance of your team and the achievement of objectives and results.
- Set and reach both personal and team objectives using delegation and time management skills.
- Understand how to overcome barriers to communication.
- Motivate, manage and lead your team and individuals to meet objectives and deliver results.
- Help staff solve problems which lead to under-performance.
- Handle difficult situations and people using empathy and constructive feedback.
- Effectively supervise individuals you used to work alongside.
- Practise the skills of assertiveness and active listening.
- Deal more effectively and confidently with difficult behaviours and situations.
What You Will Cover?
Defining Your Role and Responsibilities
- What is required of you? Role and responsibilities
- Meet new challenges and changes with confidence
- Meet the demands of your manager and team
- Work with your manager to achieve your goals
- Establish your personal leadership style
Personal Styles / Values
- Understand the values behind people and their impact on work life
- How values can have productive and non-productive results
- Identify value conflicts in yourself and in others
- Determine your own personal style profile
- Gain insight into the strengths and limitations of your profile
- Use behavioural clues to determine others’ personal styles
- How to work more effectively with other personal profiles
- Employee motivation factors and their impact on behaviours and work settings
- How to tailor your motivational efforts to individual employees and different situations
- Effective Communication
- Overcome barriers – ensure your communications get results
- Assess and listen to your team’s needs
- Communicate more assertively in team meetings
- Define feedback and how to give constructive feedback
Overcome People Problems and Difficult Situations
- Deal with difficult people and situations – working towards positive conclusions
- Supervise people you used to work alongside
- Understand the decision-making process
- Different delegation styles: How and when to use them
- Determine the appropriate delegation style for employees and situations
- Motivate every member of your team—even if they don’t share your values
- Use positive and corrective feedback to turn problem employees around and maximize productivity
- Apply the most relevant conflict resolution style to eliminate friction
Still not sure if this is the right course for you? Why not take a look at our top tips for managers, which will give you a taste of the course content as well as some free, handy advice!
$440 including GST
This course starts at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Refreshments are provided.
We can come to you!
Did you realise the Alibi Training can come to you and deliver this workshop at your venue? If you have four or more people who would like to attend the same workshop our trainer can travel to you and deliver the same workshop specifically for your staff.
If you’d like to know more about this option please contact Heather on 0423 597 744 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Heather manages all of our bookings and she can talk you through the requirements, pricing and whether you’d like a standard workshop or something tailor-made.