At Alibi Training Australia, we are like everyone else in the community, and are continually thinking about the growing threat of corona virus (COVID-19).
Currently, (this may change) Alibi Training Australia has no plans to cancel courses. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the advice from both State and Federal Government.
Along with our existing standard procedures to ensure a hygiene and safe environment for learning, Alibi Training Australia has implemented various precautionary measures to our face to face training in response to the current COVID-19 epidemic. Please see below for additional information about training with us and the processes we have put in place.
To reduce the risk of contracting or spreading the
COVID-19 virus to other participants and staff, the following measures have
- On arrival, as part of the enrolment process, a series of questions are communicated to ensure that no one has been displaying the signs of the CIVID-19 virus or in contact with someone who has displayed these signs.
- Any person with flu-like symptoms WILL NOT be able to attend training
- Boxes of tissues have been provided in appropriate locations along with an appropriate place to dispose of them
- Hand sanitizer has been placed at various locations around the training facility and office
- Participants and staff are reminded to wash their hands frequently with soap and water with facilities in easily located areas
- Participants and staff are reminded to cough or sneeze into the bend of their arm and avoid touching their face
- Course numbers have been reduced to meet the government recommended requirement for social distancing.
Training Resources & Equipment Management
- Alibi Training has always provided each participant with their own sanitized manikin, for their time of training to use for various activities. (NO SHARING OF TRAINING RESOURCES)
- ALIBI TRAINING has modified the training and assessment of the simulation of ventilation’s on CPR manikins. All CPR manikins have been fitted with plastics bags protecting the manikin face, and is replaced after each use. The technique of jaw lift and head tilt (if applicable) must however be maintained during training and assessment through the plastic covering to be deemed competent in CPR. The ventilation’s however will be simulated with a breath/puff down the side of the manikins face without any direct contact with the manikin (Little Anne).
- Alcohol-based wipes are available if training resources need to be sanitized during class times. At the completion of training each manikin, will be sanitized with alcohol-based wipes to ensure the safety of each candidate prior to next use
- Alibi Training Australia has designed most practical activities to be delivered on full size manikins, minimizing the need to perform practical skills and/or activities on each other. However, if the need arises for participants to perform first aid skills on each other, disposable gloves are available.
- Additionally, bleeding control and Pressure Immobilisation Bandage (snakebite bandage) may be demonstrated by the student on their own leg in order to limit physical contact with another participant.
- At the end of all classes, the training facility, along with all training resources used are cleaned, washed and/or sanitized before the next session.
- New or sanitized pens are made available at the beginning of each training class if participants have not brought their own
The Commonwealth Department of Health has issued information for students of universities, higher education and vocational education facilities. They advise that people who have returned from a country or region that is at high or moderate risk of corona virus should monitor their health closely. If they develop symptoms including a fever and cough, they should self-isolate and urgently seek medical attention. In these cases, Alibi Training Australia will advise participants to postpone their training, with no financial penalty to the Student. These actions have been endorsed by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
If you or anyone you know is feeling unwell, as always, please seek your doctor’s advice. If you are concerned, call the Corona virus (COVID-19) Health Information line 1800 020 080 for instructions on what to do. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
If you have any concerns, please contact us at Alibi Training Australia – 0423 597 744 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.